Sunday, October 7, 2007

And then we almost moved to ...

During the past two, three months I was living in a reticent and reluctant world, I guess it felt like I was living in a box. Things were about to change. My in-laws were in town and we had a wonderful time together, but then again, back to normal life.
I packed myself up and lived day by day as if it was my last day here in Astoria. (there's a voice inside telling me how dramatic I am - so let's put this voice aside for a moment. I am what I am)
Moving puts us in a delicate situation in which we have to deal with practical things and abstract issues. In our case, we wanted to move because of Antonio's new job in Jersey City, because we wanted to have dad home earlier and enjoy him as much as we could. So we started looking for information about rentals in Jersey City and Hoboken. We actually visited the place a couple of times and as much as we liked the area, we disliked the rental price, the small-sized apartments and the quality of some of the schools near the areas we were interested in moving in.
Finally, yesterday we sat down and talked about this big step. We weighed pros and cons, and were very honest about our desires, fears, dreams and how the moving would affect them ... The fact is, it is hard to leave Astoria (this lively neighborhood) and the life we have here (and all the friends). And although I am not sure for how long we are staying, for the moment we are staying for good.
I guess now I can put the box away. Life is waiting and I don't want to miss a thing!

7 comments:

Monica said...

AND I AM SOOOOO HAPPY THAT YOU DIDN'T!!
I love you guys!!

Karen said...

Yeah!!! Astoria is a wonderful place and even more wonderful with you guys staying!

MSoto said...

wow! I feel like I just dodged a bullet. Although I would be happy for you guys to make whatever decision makes you all the most happy, I am especially grateful for your staying here because that makes me happy.

Kari. said...

I'm so happy you didn't move. Welcome back!!!

Isabella Kantek said...

You guys are so sweet! No words can describe the appreciation that I have for you, for the friendship... I am very happy we're staying. =D

carrie said...

we're so happy you're staying... book clubs wouldn't be the same without you

Isabella Kantek said...

Carrie, my life wouldn't be the same without book clubs and meetups. =)