Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Our Park

Just in case you wanted something fun to do in Astoria with the whole family--- our community garden, Two Coves Community Garden, is sponsoring an "It's My Park Day" on October 25th from 12-4. The Astoria CSA is co-sponsoring it.....there should be some pumpkins, face painting, and a nice chance to hang out in the garden with other folks.

Socrates Sculpture Park is having their Halloween Festival on October 18th from 12-3 (I think that's the time I saw posted on another site, but I couldn't find it on their site). Seriously, it is a FANTASTIC party! A dog costume contest, music, and materials for the arts brings materials to make costumes!

1 comment:

Steven Gnagni said...

Sorry--this might not be the right place to ask this question. I am a stay at home dad in Astoria and heard that dads can't become members of the Astoria Stay at Home Moms group. Is this the case? If someone can respond to me/let me know, I would appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows about any Stay at Home Dads or Parents groups in the area, please post! Thanks!